Sermon Discussion Questions - December 28, 2014
Sunday, December 28, 2014: AM
1) What keeps us from prayer? Why is it wrong and dangerous to neglect prayer?
2) Why should our prayers be filled with Scripture?
3) How does prayer affect our priorities?
4) Why is it significant that Jesus taught us to call God “our Father”?
5) What does it mean to pray “hallowed be your name”?
6) What does Jesus teach us here about the need to persist in prayer? Why should this encourage us?
7) What are some practical ways you can grow in your prayer life?
Sunday, December 28, 2014: PM
1) What does Psalm 97 teach us regarding God’s kingship? Why should this encourage us?
2) What kind of Divine King does Psalm 97 show God to be?
3) How do we see God as a Divine Warrior in this psalm? Why is it important to see the Lord this way?
4) What is the contrast between those who worship idols and those who worship the true God?
5) How does God’s kingship affect his people?
6) What does it mean that “light is sown for the righteous, and joy for the upright in heart” (vs. 11)? Why is this encouraging as we enter a new year?
7) What does Psalm 97 teach us is the correct response to God’s goodness?
More in Christ Church Presbyterian
January 25, 2019Four Simple (and pretty obvious) Ways to Improve Your Walk With God in 2019
January 21, 2019CCP Officer Training & A New Building Opportunity
December 31, 2018CCP 2019 Reading Challenge