Sermon Discussion Questions - December 28, 2014
Sunday, December 28, 2014: AM
1) What keeps us from prayer? Why is it wrong and dangerous to neglect prayer?
2) Why should our prayers be filled with Scripture?
3) How does prayer affect our priorities?
4) Why is it significant that Jesus taught us to call God “our Father”?
5) What does it mean to pray “hallowed be your name”?
6) What does Jesus teach us here about the need to persist in prayer? Why should this encourage us?
7) What are some practical ways you can grow in your prayer life?
Sunday, December 28, 2014: PM
1) What does Psalm 97 teach us regarding God’s kingship? Why should this encourage us?
2) What kind of Divine King does Psalm 97 show God to be?
3) How do we see God as a Divine Warrior in this psalm? Why is it important to see the Lord this way?
4) What is the contrast between those who worship idols and those who worship the true God?
5) How does God’s kingship affect his people?
6) What does it mean that “light is sown for the righteous, and joy for the upright in heart” (vs. 11)? Why is this encouraging as we enter a new year?
7) What does Psalm 97 teach us is the correct response to God’s goodness?
More in Christ Church Presbyterian
February 23, 2018New Adult Sunday School Class | Westminster Larger Catechism
January 26, 2018Job Opening at Christ Church | Church Life Coordinator
January 19, 2018New Evening Worship Series at Christ Church