Sermon Discussion Questions - January 4, 2015
Sunday, January 4, 2015: AM
1) What is a biblical attitude towards time? How should Christians think about time differently than the world does?
2) Why is it important to grow in the knowledge of God and His Word? What does this do to us?
3) What is the purpose of the Lord’s Day? Why is it a gift?
4) Why should the Sabbath be a delight to God’s people?
5) What is the difference between treating Sunday as the Lord’s Day versus “the Lord’s morning” or “the Lord’s hour”?
Sunday, January 4, 2015: PM
1) How should we approach the interpretation of prophecy? Why must we understand the context of prophecy?
2) How does the restoration that God is bringing get better and better?
3) How does Joel portray God’s wrath and his mercy at the same time? Why is this important?
4) What is the final restoration?
5) Why is it important to note that God’s promises of restoration are for all people?
6) How is the promise of restoration fulfilled in Christ? What do we learn about Joel’s prophecy from Acts 2? How is the outpouring of the Holy Spirit related to the person and work of Christ?
More in Christ Church Presbyterian
January 25, 2019Four Simple (and pretty obvious) Ways to Improve Your Walk With God in 2019
January 21, 2019CCP Officer Training & A New Building Opportunity
December 31, 2018CCP 2019 Reading Challenge