Sermon Discussion Questions - November 16, 2014
Sunday, November 16, 2014: AM
1) Why should God’s people have confidence in the task and calling of the church?
2) What is the context of Christ’s teaching on evangelism and mission in this passage? Why is it important to remember this context?
3) What did Jesus mean that “the harvest is plentiful”?
4) What does it mean that God is sovereign over the missionary endeavor? If God is sovereign, why should we be involved?
5) Why did Jesus say to “pray for laborers”?
6) What are the consequences of rejecting Christ and his message? What are the blessings and joys of being a son or daughter “of peace”?
Sunday, November 16, 2014: PM
1 Timothy 4:12-16
1) Why is a call to the ministry a weighty calling?
2) Why must a minister “abide in Christ” in order to be faithful? How do Christians abide in Christ?
3) What does it mean that a minister must keep a close watch on himself?
4) How must a minister’s speech and conduct be exemplary?
5) What does it mean that a minister must keep a close watch on “the teaching”?
6) What is the main task of a minister? What must he be devoted to? How must this devotion play out in his personal life and his vocation?
More in Christ Church Presbyterian
January 25, 2019Four Simple (and pretty obvious) Ways to Improve Your Walk With God in 2019
January 21, 2019CCP Officer Training & A New Building Opportunity
December 31, 2018CCP 2019 Reading Challenge