Sermon Discussion Questions - November 2, 2014
Sunday, November 2, 2014: AM
1) How did Naomi respond to her circumstances? How did she view God’s involvement in her life?
2) What is significant about Naomi’s intention for her daughters-in-law to return to Moab?
3) What indications of God’s grace and love did Naomi fail to see?
4) How did Ruth respond to her circumstances? Why?
5) How do we see God’s love and grace throughout this text?
Sunday, November 2, 2014: PM
1) How is Psalm 1 functioning in reference to the book of Psalms?
2) What is it that the Blessed Man rejects?
3) What is the relation of God’s Word to the Blessed Man’s life?
4) Why does the psalmist use the analogy of a tree planted by water?
5) What does the psalmist mean by calling the wicked “chaff”?
6) Why will the righteous be able to stand in the judgment?
7) What does it mean that the Lord “knows” the way of the righteous?
More in Christ Church Presbyterian
February 23, 2018New Adult Sunday School Class | Westminster Larger Catechism
January 26, 2018Job Opening at Christ Church | Church Life Coordinator
January 19, 2018New Evening Worship Series at Christ Church