Sermon Discussion Questions: September 4, 2016
Sunday, September 4, 2016: AM
- Pastor Jon described the context of this passage as being the most important week in biblical history. Why is this week of Jesus’ ministry so important?
- What was the Passover? What was its significance?
- Why did the religious leaders want to put Jesus to death? How should this be a warning to us regarding religious leaders? What should be the marks of godly Christian leadership?
- Judas was one of Jesus’ closest companions - how could someone so close to Jesus betray him like this? How should this be a warning to us?
- How can you guard your heart from growing cold toward Jesus? What are some warning signs that your heart may not be close to Jesus, even though you may look like you are walking with him?
Sunday, September 4, 2016: PM
1 Peter 1:6-7
- In vs. 6, Peter says “in this you rejoice” - what does “this” refer to? Why do Christians always have a reason to rejoice? Do you make a habit of rejoicing?
- Why should Christians expect both joy and sorrow in life?
- What is Peter teaching when he says “for a little while” in vs. 6? How does this truth help us to have an eternal perspective?
- Why does Peter write “if necessary” in vs. 6? What does this teach us about trials and suffering?
- What does Peter mean by saying that the genuineness of faith is tested through trials? How should this be an encouragement to us?
More in Christ Church Presbyterian
February 23, 2018New Adult Sunday School Class | Westminster Larger Catechism
January 26, 2018Job Opening at Christ Church | Church Life Coordinator
January 19, 2018New Evening Worship Series at Christ Church