Sermon Discussion Questions: July 13
Sunday, July 13, 2014: AM
1) Why did John send his disciples to Jesus? What was significant about their question?
2) Pastor Jon mentioned that John the Baptist had an “over-realized eschatology.” What did he mean by this?
3) How did Jesus respond to John’s disciples? What did Jesus mean by his answer?
4) Why did Jesus teach that the person who was “least in the Kingdom of God” is “greater” than John the Baptist?
5) Why do we say that Jesus is a “friend of sinners”?
6) What are the two general responses to Christ? Which response do you have?
Sunday, July 13, 2014: PM
1) Why does the psalmist talk about the mountains in vv. 1-2?
2) What is God’s relationship to time? Why is he not constrained by time?
3) What does it mean that God is our “dwelling place”? Why is this mentioned in relation to God’s eternity? Do you believe that God is your dwelling place?
4) Why is mankind by nature under God’s wrath and curse? Is it possible to “sit on the fence” in relation to God?
5) How are we encouraged to think about life in light of God’s eternity?
6) How does the doctrine of God’s eternity bring comfort to Christians?