Sermon Discussion Questions: Luke 5:1-11 and Exodus 20:15
1) What did Pastor Jon mean when he said Christ’s miracles were a preview of what was to come?
2) Why is it significant that it was the word of Christ which brought about the miracles?
3) What was Peter’s initial response to Christ? Are there times when you respond to God like that?
4) How did Peter respond after the miracle? What does this teach us about a proper attitude before the Lord?
5) In your particular calling and circumstances, how can you participate in being “fishers of men”?
Exodus 20:15 – The Eighth Commandment
1) What is one summary truth or implication that we have learned from the Ten Commandments?
2) What is the underlying principle of the Eighth Commandment?
3) What are some practical, outward ways that we are to keep this commandment?
4) What underlying heart attitudes does the Eighth Commandment expect of us?
5) How can we view the Eighth Commandment “Christianly”?
More in Christ Church Presbyterian
March 10, 2019Announcement from Pastor Ross
January 25, 2019Four Simple (and pretty obvious) Ways to Improve Your Walk With God in 2019
January 21, 2019CCP Officer Training & A New Building Opportunity