Sermon Discussion Questions: November 9, 2014
Sunday, November 9, 2014: AM
1) What is “cheap grace”?
2) What is the “direction of discipleship” – God to us or us to God? Why does the answer make a difference?
3) What is the relationship of discipleship to submission? What is the relationship of discipleship to the Gospel?
4) What do we mean when we say that the Gospel is exclusive? What do we not mean?
5) Pastor Jon talked about “kingdom priorities.” What did he mean? How should these truths affect us?
Sunday, November 9, 2014: PM
1) In what specific ways is God’s goodness seen in this passage?
2) What was the practice and purpose of gleaning? What was the reasoning behind the gleaning laws?
3) Why did the narrator say that Ruth “…happened to come…” in vs. 3? How do these truths encourage us?
4) Why did Boaz treat Ruth the way he did? How is this an encouragement and challenge to us?
5) What is significant about Naomi’s response in this chapter? What had she begun to realize?
More in Christ Church Presbyterian
January 25, 2019Four Simple (and pretty obvious) Ways to Improve Your Walk With God in 2019
January 21, 2019CCP Officer Training & A New Building Opportunity
December 31, 2018CCP 2019 Reading Challenge