Sermon Discussion Questions: November 9, 2014
Sunday, November 9, 2014: AM
1) What is “cheap grace”?
2) What is the “direction of discipleship” – God to us or us to God? Why does the answer make a difference?
3) What is the relationship of discipleship to submission? What is the relationship of discipleship to the Gospel?
4) What do we mean when we say that the Gospel is exclusive? What do we not mean?
5) Pastor Jon talked about “kingdom priorities.” What did he mean? How should these truths affect us?
Sunday, November 9, 2014: PM
1) In what specific ways is God’s goodness seen in this passage?
2) What was the practice and purpose of gleaning? What was the reasoning behind the gleaning laws?
3) Why did the narrator say that Ruth “…happened to come…” in vs. 3? How do these truths encourage us?
4) Why did Boaz treat Ruth the way he did? How is this an encouragement and challenge to us?
5) What is significant about Naomi’s response in this chapter? What had she begun to realize?
More in Christ Church Presbyterian
December 9, 2017
November 17, 2017Attention: Schedule Updates for November - December 2017
October 24, 2017Reformation 500 Celebration | This Sunday at CCP