Sermon Discussion Questions: October 18, 2015
Sunday, October 18, 2015: AM
- Why did some of the “religious elite” complain about Jesus eating with tax collectors and “sinners”? How should their attitude be a warning to us?
- Pastor Jon made the point that people were attracted to Christ, not because he was “hip,” but because he was “holy.” What should this teach us regarding a proper “missional” mindset?
- How can a holy Savior associate with unholy sinners and welcome them to him? What is Jesus' message for “sinners”?
- Jesus’ parable portrays himself as a shepherd and brings to mind the Old Testament references (e.g., Ezekiel 34; Isaiah 40:11) to God as a shepherd of his people. What is significant about this “shepherd” imagery as applied to Jesus and God the Father? How should this encourage and comfort us? How should this inform the way we think about unbelievers?
- Why should this text encourage Christian humility and thankfulness?
Sunday, October 18, 2015: PM
- Why does Habakkuk call God “my Holy One”?
- Why does Habakkuk trust the character of God?
- What does covenant theology teach us about God’s promises?
- What is the greatest comfort for believers going through trial?
- Why can we say with confidence, “we shall not die”?
More in Christ Church Presbyterian
February 23, 2018New Adult Sunday School Class | Westminster Larger Catechism
January 26, 2018Job Opening at Christ Church | Church Life Coordinator
January 19, 2018New Evening Worship Series at Christ Church