Sermon Discussion Questions: October 19, 2014
Sunday, October 19, 2014: AM
1) Why is it important to note that this episode happened the very next day after “the mountain top experience” of the transfiguration?
2) How is the Christian life like the wilderness journey of the Jews in the Old Testament?
3) Pastor Jon taught that “We become disoriented when we take our eyes off of Jesus.” What did he mean? What has God given to help us keep our eyes on Jesus?
4) Why did Christ give a rebuke here? Whom was he rebuking?
5) What is the significance of Jesus being “delivered into the hands of men”? How do we see the Gospel in this truth?
6) The disciples were afraid to ask Jesus about his teaching. What should we learn from this?
Sunday, October 19, 2014: PM
1) Why was the locust plague such a big problem? Why would God bring the locusts on his people?
2) How does Joel call different groups of people to repentance? How should these groups be responding?
3) How do we see God’s judgment and salvation operating at the same time?
4) Why are the prophets considered “covenant prosecutors”?
5) What is Joel teaching us about sin and idolatry?
6) What is Joel teaching us about the Gospel?
More in Christ Church Presbyterian
February 23, 2018New Adult Sunday School Class | Westminster Larger Catechism
January 26, 2018Job Opening at Christ Church | Church Life Coordinator
January 19, 2018New Evening Worship Series at Christ Church