Sermon Discussion Questions: Philippians 1:27-30
Discussion Questions for personal devotion and family worship - week of October 20th
From "Standing Firm in the Gospel": Philippians 1:27-30
1. Pastor Jon opened with a discussion about Christian creeds and confessions. Why are creeds and confessions biblical, and why are they valuable resources for Christians?
2. In verse 27, Paul instructs the Philippians to let their "manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ." What is the foundation and motivation for living that life? What is the WRONG way to understand Paul's exhortation here?
3. How do we understand Paul's command in relation to citizenship?
4. According to the rest of the passage, what are the ways that God's people live in a worthy manner?
5. This passage also deals with suffering. How does knowing that we have a great God who is also a loving father help us deal with suffering in this life?
6. How is it possible to have true joy even when life is a "valley of tears"?
7. What are the ways that God may bless us through suffering?
More in Christ Church Presbyterian
March 10, 2019Announcement from Pastor Ross
January 25, 2019Four Simple (and pretty obvious) Ways to Improve Your Walk With God in 2019
January 21, 2019CCP Officer Training & A New Building Opportunity