Sermon Discussion Questions: Philippians 2:1-5
Discussion Questions for personal devotion and family worship - week of October 27th
From "A Call to Christ-Centered Humility, Part I": Philippians 2:1-5
1) What are characteristics of a church, a home, and a life where Christ is present?
2) Why are unity and community part of the essence of the Christian life? Why should there not be Christian "loners"? How does this differ from culture?
3) Pastor Jon said that the Lord's Day is a small taste of heaven. Why should this be true for Christians? Why is this contrary to the spirit of the age?
4) How does the "if...then" or "since" language in this passage point us back to the unmerited grace of God in Christ?
5) For Christians, there are many "privileges of grace" because of Christ's work on our behalf. What are those privileges mentioned here? How have you you experienced these in your own life?
6) God's grace to us should be our motivation for obedience in the "household of faith." However, we do need to obey and there are "family responsibilities" for Christians. What are those responsibilities Paul mentions here, and how do these actions and attitudes foster unity?
7) How is it possible for selfish, proud sinners to act toward one another in true love and true humility?
8) What is true humility? What are some of the greatest hindrances to humility? What are some of the greatest helps to humility?