Sermon Discussion Questions - August 24, 2014
Sunday, August 24, 2014: AM
1) What have we learned so far about Christology (who Christ is) from Luke’s Gospel?
2) Regarding the woman Jesus healed, why were her problems more than just physical?
3) What is the significance of Jesus calling the woman “daughter”? What did he mean by saying that her faith saved her?
4) Why did Jesus tell the woman “God in peace”? What is the difference between subjective peace and objective peace, and how are they related?
5) How is the power of Jesus’ Word illustrated again in Jesus’ miracle of healing Jairus’s daughter?
6) How does Jesus’ command to Jairus (“Do not fear; only believe”) apply to us today? What are the circumstances in your life where you are tempted to live in fear?
Sunday, August 24, 2014: PM
1) Why can we say that God’s wrath is an expression of his holiness, justice, goodness, truth, etc.? Why is this important?
2) What does it mean that people are “by nature children of wrath” (Ephesians 2:1-3)?
3) What does the Bible mean when it speaks of God’s wrath being “stored up” for sinners (Romans 2:5)?
4) Why do we have to understand God’s wrath in order to understand his grace and love?
5) Why did Christ become an object of God’s wrath, and how was God’s wrath turned away from Christians through Christ?
6) As Christians, what sort of reactions should we have to the doctrine of God’s wrath?