Sermon Discussion Questions - August 8, 2014
Sunday, August 3, 2014: AM
1) What is significant about the “band of sisters” mentioned in this passage? What does this help teach us about the role of women in the church?
2) Why did Jesus speak in parables?
3) What are the characteristics of the “unmoved” or “disinterested” hearer?
4) What did Pastor Jon mean by the “emotional” hearer?
5) Who is the “distracted” hearer? Why is this perhaps the most disturbing category?
6) What are the characteristics of a regenerate hearer?
7) Which kind of hearer are you?
Sunday, August 3, 2014: PM
1) What is David’s attitude regarding God’s knowledge throughout Psalm 139? What does this teach us?
2) In what ways or in what categories is God infinite? Why is this important?
3) How is God’s omnipresence an aspect of his perfection?
4) What are the various ways that the Bible speak of God’s presence? When / how is God present in a special way?
5) What false beliefs does the doctrine of God’s omnipresence protect us from?
6) Why is God’s omnipresence comforting to believers and terrifying to unbelievers?