Sermon Discussion Questions - January 11, 2015
Sunday, January 11, 2015: AM
1) What is a biblical attitude towards time? How should Christians think about time differently than the world does?
2) Why is redeeming the time such an important part of the Christian life?
3) Why is prayer an important part of redeeming the time? How does God use prayer?
4) In regards to personal holiness, Pastor Jon said that Christians are called to “work out what God works in.” What did he mean by this? How do we do it?
5) Why is a Christian’s devotional life so important? How does the practice of a devotional life impact your ability to spiritually invest in your family?
6) Why do Christians need a greater passion for purity? What are some practical ways you can wholeheartedly pursue purity in 2015?
Sunday, January 11, 2015: PM
1) Why does David say that God has set his glory “above” the heavens?
2) How has God established “strength” from the mouths of infants and babies? What does this mean? How should it encourage us?
3) What does it mean that God is “mindful” (vs. 4) of his people? Why should it leave us in awe and wonder that God cares for human beings?
4) What is the significance of the way that God created mankind (vv. 5-6)?
5) How does Hebrews 2:5-9 help us understand Psalm 8 in light of Christ?