Sermon Discussion Questions - November 30, 2014
Sunday, November 30, 2014: AM
1) What is God’s grace meant to do?
2) How can the human heart find rest?
3) What is the problem with the way that the lawyer comes to Jesus? What is the problem with the lawyer’s answer?
4) Why did the lawyer ask “who is my neighbor?”?
5) What is significant about a Samaritan being the one who helped the man?
6) What kind of neighbors does God want us to be? Why? How can we do this?
Sunday, November 30, 2014: PM
1) Why did Boaz go to the gate?
2) What is significant about the other kinsman remaining nameless? Why would the narrator not give us his name?
3) Why would this redemption be an act of sacrificial love?
4) How does the theme of sacrificial love fit into the story of Ruth?
5) How should we think about sacrificial love in our own lives?
6) Why do the elders and townspeople mention Rachel, Leah, Judah, Tamar, and Perez? What is significant about their prayer here?