Sermon Discussion Questions - October 12, 2014
Sunday, October 12, 2014: AM
Luke 9:28 -36
1) Why is Christianity grounded in objective, historical truth?
2) What is the significance of Jesus’ transfiguration?
3) Why were Moses and Elijah present at the transfiguration?
4) Why was the transfiguration an important and serious moment?
5) What is the significance of God’s command “…listen to him!”? What are the implications to this command?
6) What does this event teach about why Christ came?
7) How does this episode preview the future glory of Christ?
8) How is the transfiguration meant to strengthen the disciples?
Sunday, October 13, 2014: PM
1) What are some things we learn from the prophetical books?
2) How is the Gospel seen in the prophets?
3) What is the theology of Joel?
4) How can we see both judgment and salvation in Joel?
5) How can we say that Joel proclaims the Gospel?
6) How does Joel point forward to Christ?