Sermon Discussion Questions - September 7, 2014
Sunday, September 7, 2014: AM
1) What did Pastor Jon mean by saying that the Kingdom of God “has come, is coming, and will come”?
2) Why is it important to understand the concept of the Kingdom of God in the Gospels?
3) What did Christ commission his disciples to do? Why is this unrepeatable?
4) What is the difference between the Great Commission and the Great Commandment? Why is this distinction important?
5) How is Christ’s Kingdom still “breaking in” to our world today?
6) Why is it important for Christians to understand their identity primarily as members of Christ’s Kingdom? What does this look like on a day-to-day basis?
Sunday, September 7, 2014: PM
1) When Christians reflect on the attributes of God, what sort of effect does (or should) it have on them?
2) What is the context for Paul’s doxology in Romans 11? Why would he be “exploding” with praise at this point in the book?
3) What is the wisdom of God, and why does the Apostle focus on it in this text?
4) How does understanding the attribute of God’s wisdom affect us in our daily Christian lives?
5) What is the connection between Christ and God’s wisdom? (see 1 Corinthians 1:18-31)
6) What is the knowledge of God? Why should this doctrine be comforting to believers and frightening to unbelievers?
7) How are God’s wisdom and knowledge related to his “judgments” and his “ways”? Why are these truths comforting for Christians?
8) How do all these things relate to our trust in God?