Sermon Discussion Questions: June 8
1) What was Jesus’ main reason for coming to earth?
2) What was his primary reason for healing people physically?
3) What does it mean to listen to Jesus instead of the world?
4) Why will Christians be hated and persecuted in the world?
5) How are Christians supposed to respond when they are hated and persecuted? Does this mean that Christians are supposed to be pacifists? Why or why not?
6) What are the underlying principles of Christ’s commands in this passage?
7) What is the Golden Rule? What are some specific ways it should it apply in your life?
8) If we are unwilling to forgive, what does that mean about our understanding of the Gospel?